Apparently something went wrong last week with the publication of my episode of Burke and Hare. For those that listened to it and heard the wrong episode, I apologize. Here is the correct show. Thank you for your understanding.
Imagine a world in which doctors would require the bodies of the recently dead to teach and learn about human anatomy. Some doctors needed bodies so badly they would never question where the bodies came from. Some enterprising young men made it their business to supply these doctors with corpses – and to keep up with demand, they didn’t wait for death to come naturally.
This is the tale of Burke and Hare on the 176th … or 177th! … episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- Burke and Hare murders – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Burke and Hare, grave robbers and murderers (historic-uk.com)
- Burke and Hare, The Men Who Murdered For Medical Science (curiosity.com)
- The History of Burke and Hare and of the Resurrectionist Times: A Fragment … – George Mac Gregor (google.com)
- The History of Burke and Hare, by George Mac Gregor—A Project Gutenberg eBook (readingroo.ms)