Imagine a man who was a civil engineer, a sheriff’s deputy, an assistant prison warden, a doctor of applied psychology, a hospital orderly, a lawyer, a child-care expert, a Benedictine monk, a Trappist monk, a cancer researcher, a teacher and a military ship doctor and surgeon. He acquired all these positions without ever graduating high school.
He was known as the Great Imposter. Today I have the story of Ferdinand Waldo Demara on the 183 episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- FERDINAND WALDO DEMARA, 60, AN IMPOSTOR IN VARIED FIELDS (nytimes.com)
- Ferdinand Waldo Demara – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- LIFE – Google Books (google.com)
- The Great Impostor: The Amazing Career of Ferdinand Waldo Demara, who Posed … – Robert Crichton (google.com)
- Fred Demara, the Great Imposter (headstuff.org)
- Brother, doctor, soldier, lies | National Catholic Reporter (ncronline.org)