It’s holiday time again! In this episode, I tell the tale of Santa’s most famous Reindeer. Written as an assignment from his work, Bob May created a story and character that all generations know and love. First a little booklet, then a song, and then the 1964 holiday special.
I hope everyone enjoys it, even those that don’t make Christmas part of their winter celebrations. So, to all, no matter what you choose to celebrate, or even those that don’t celebrate anything at all, I hope you have a fantastic December.
Show notes and links:
- Robert L. May – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- FACT CHECK: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (snopes.com)
- The Original Red-Nosed Manuscript : NPR (npr.org)
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’s Surprisingly Sad Origins (time.com)
- 12 ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ facts for its 50th anniversary (mashable.com)
- Gettysburg Times – Google News Archive Search (google.com)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The True Story (youtube.com)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)