Petter couldn’t join us for this episode, so Arkenor and I set off to do our best not to suck too horribly at the noble endeavor to record a podcast.
This episode, the big news of the week was how Symantec has discovered that Facebook has been leaking personal information by accident to app developers. (link) Facebook has fixed the problem now by introducing SSL and OAuth as a requirement for app developers, which has caused problems for some indie app developers that are unable to afford SSL hosting. Still, in my opinion a move in the right direction; app developers are dealing with users’ private data, and therefore a certain level of professionalism should be mandatory. (link)
Later on, in The Wired and Wonderful, we had the following couple of topics to go through.
- NASA and OSTP (White House Office of Science and Technology Policy) forbidden to cooperate with China. (link)
- It’s the 10 year anniversary of Douglas Adams’ death!
- Ireland realizes that digital pirates may be on to something. (link)
- Samoa to travel forward through time (link).
- Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5b; podcasters around the world tremble in fear.
- Anonymous splinter group stages a coup (link). Looks like some of them have ‘given up their own’ as well! (link)
Join us on Sunday for more podcastery goodness!