It’s Monday. We were supposed to do Claims of the Normal yesterday, but Petter’s computer blew up. Duct tape and prayer held it together for this episode.
Here are a couple of things you may or may not want to know about this episode:
- It would be John Candy‘s 60th birthday today if he had lived. Celebrate this by buying his two best movies: Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Spaceballs.
- The Steve Jobsbook is good. Buy it.
- So is Page One: Inside the New York Times. Good, that is.
- Here are the dictators named in Quiz Kids:
- Kim Jong Il – Dictator of North Korea
- Muammar Gaddafi – Dictator of Libya
- Vladimir Putin – President of Russia
- Saparmurat Niyazov – President of Turkmenistan
- Ne Win – Head of State of Burma
- Enver Hoxha – Leader of Albania
- Mobutu – Dictator of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Francois Duvalier – President of Life of Haiti
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum – Ruler of Dubai
- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad – President of Iran
- Nicolai Ceausescu – First Secretary of the Communist Party of Romania
- Kim Il Sung – Dictator of North Korea
- Mao Zedong – Chairman of the Communist Party of China