She is 116 years old. In her life she has helped millions of tourists see New York, has taken hundreds of people – thousands maybe! – on fishing voyages, been in a pop music video, and served in two separate world wars. She began as a plaything for a wealthy family and now she is left to slowly die – all alone.
Today we have the story of the ghost ship in Boone County, Kentucky.
Show notes and links:
- This link has no title (the-sachem-project.org)
- The Ghost Ship | Creepy Cincinnati (creepycincinnati.com)
- Ohio’s legendary 113-year-old Ghost Ship (thevintagenews.com)
- Explore Ohio’s Legendary 110-year-old Ghost Ship (huffingtonpost.com)
- USS Phenakite (historycentral.com)
- USS Phenakite – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- SACHEM, Brooklyn, NY – 1934 (mels-place.com)
- Storied ‘Sachem’ wasting away in Petersburg | Test (madison.com)