One upon a time, a four legged beast mysterious beast was sighted again and again in the western United States. It was described as being red, much larger than a horse, and carrying a rider who looked like it might have been the Devil – or at least a headless man! What were the people of Arizona seeing in the late 19th century?
Today we have the story of the Red Ghost of Arizona!
Show notes and links:
- Solway Firth Spaceman – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Whatever Happened to the Wild Camels of the American West? | History (smithsonianmag.com)
- The Legend of Red Ghost (arizonaoddities.com)
- The Red Ghost | AMERICAN HERITAGE (americanheritage.com)
- The Red Ghost, Parts 1 & 2 (Paranormal Ecto News Flash, K101) (youtube.com)
- The U.S. Army’s “Camel Corps” Experiment (armyhistory.org)
- The Short Life of the Camel Corps (nytimes.com)
- The Evening Independent – Google News Archive Search (google.com)
- That Time the U.S. Military Had a Camel Corps (todayifoundout.com)
- Your Travel Guide to Arizona’s Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets by Wesley Treat (goodreads.com)
- Freed Willy – YouTube (youtu.be)