One upon a time, in the early part of the 20th century, a detective who had once failed to find Jack the Ripper was investigating a missing person. While searching the home she once lived in, she found something gruesome in the basement. It was a body – but without a head, limbs or even bones. Was it the body of the missing women and was the killer her husband?
Find out on the true story of the Dr. Crippen Murder case!
Show notes and links:
- The Infamous London Cellar Murder of 1910 by Nicholas Connell (goodreads.com)
- Dr Crippen – Miscarriage of Justice – Part 1 (youtube.com)
- The London Cellar Murder of 1910: (Dr Crippen). (youtube.com)
- Full text of “The trial of Hawley Harvey Crippen, ed. with notes and an introduction” (archive.org)
- Dr Crippen and wireless telegraphy | Police, Crime, Prevention and Punishment (oldpolicecellsmuseum.org.uk)
- Executed in Error | Hawley Crippen | Secrets of the Dead (pbs.org)
- Was Dr Crippen innocent of his wife’s murder? (bbc.com)
- The Execution of Dr Crippen (historytoday.com)