Once upon a time, in 1872, Captain David Reed Morehouse and the crew of the brigantine Dei Gratia were sailing from New York to Gibraltar when that happened spot on unusual site in the middle of the ocean. It was the ship captained by his friend Benjamin Spooner Briggs, whom he had just seen a month earlier! Briggs, his wife, daughter and crew were missing, never to be seen again!
Here is story of the Mary Celeste!
Show notes and links:
- Mary Celeste – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Mary Celeste – Full Documentary (youtube.com)
- The World’s Greatest Unsolved Mysteries – Lionel Fanthorpe, Patricia Fanthorpe (google.com)
- This link has no title (amazon.com)
- The Mystery Of The Mary Celeste (americanheritage.com)
- The Mystery of the Mary Celeste (ucl.ac.uk)
- Mary Celeste | BOOK OF DAYS TALES (bookofdaystales.com)