She was barely an adult, had a unique hairstyle, waz a heavy drinker, diagnosed with a mental illness and – for a few years in the early 1940s – was a huge star in Hollywood. Within less than 10 years, even while starring in a few huge films, she disappeared from Hollywood. Years later, she would be discovered working as a waitress in a hotel in New York City.
Today, I tell the story of the actress Veronica Lake on the 159 episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- Veronica Lake – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- The Story of Veronica Lake by Jeff Lenburg (goodreads.com)
- Flesh Feast (1970) – Full Cast & Crew (imdb.com)
- Veronica Lake, former ’40s Hollywood star, appeared ‘very damaged’ in her later years (foxnews.com)
- Veronica Lake–Rare 1971 TV Interview, William Saroyan (youtube.com)
- Veronica Lake interview 1952 – Eloise Salutes The Stars (youtube.com)
- “FLESH FEAST”, (1970) BIZARRE HORROR FILM! PART 1 (youtube.com)
- Veronica Lake, Peek-a-Boo Star of the ’40s, Dies at 51 (latimes.com)