There are stories in history that everyone knows to be true. Stories that are told over and over again that are assume are fact. But are they?
Today, I look at three food stories and in each case, I thought I new the truth. Join me as I explore the shocking truth of the potato chip, the TV dinner, and the New England Lobster on the 168th episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- TV dinner – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Invention and view of the original TV dinner (youtube.com)
- How 260 Tons of Thanksgiving Leftovers Gave Birth to an Industry | History (smithsonianmag.com)
- Who “invented” the TV dinner? Everyday Mysteries:Fun Science Facts from the
Library of Congress) (loc.gov)
- 11 Ready-to-Digest Tidbits About TV Dinners (mentalfloss.com)
- The History of Lobster in America | Food: Now and Then | NowThis (youtube.com)
- A Taste of Lobster History (history.com)
- History of Lobster Fishing & Processing (parl.ns.ca)
- FACT CHECK: Potato Chip Origin (snopes.com)
- What you hear about lobsters, and what’s true (islandinstitute.org)
- Sandy Oliver: Is It True What They Say About Lobster? (youtube.com)
- Shoptalk: Sandy Oliver on Vimeo (vimeo.com)