Imagine a world in which doctors would require the bodies of the recently dead to teach and learn about human anatomy. Some doctors needed bodies so badly they would never question where the bodies came from. Some enterprising young men made it their business to supply these doctors with corpses – and to keep up with demand, they didn’t wait for death to come naturally.
This is the tale of Burke and Hare on the 176th episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- Burke and Hare murders – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Burke and Hare, grave robbers and murderers (historic-uk.com)
- The History of Burke and Hare, by George Mac Gregor—A Project Gutenberg eBook (readingroo.ms)
- The History of Burke and Hare and of the Resurrectionist Times: A Fragment … – George Mac Gregor (google.com)
- The Worlds of Burke and Hare (burkeandhare.com)
- Burke and Hare, The Men Who Murdered For Medical Science (curiosity.com)