Richard Donner had just directed The Omen when he was asked he would direct a Superman movie for one million dollars. He would then spend over two years of his life dealing with problems and frustrations that he couldn’t have imagined.
Here is the story of Richard Donner, Alexander Salkind and Ilya Salkind, and the making of Superman: The Movie.
Show notes and links:
- Superman (1978 film) – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Alexander Salkind – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Superman: The Movie – Making Superman: Filming the Legend (youtube.com)
- Superman: The Movie – Taking Flight: The Development of Superman (youtube.com)
- Superman the Movie: The Making of a Classic (youtube.com)
- ‘Superman,’ The Inside Story: Director Richard Donner Remembers Meeting Stallone to Play the Lead, Working With Brando, and a Near-Fatal Knife Attack (hollywoodreporter.com)
- From The Archive: The Making Of Superman, Feature | Movies (empireonline.com)