In the early 1930s, America was going through a tough time. It was a period called The Great Depression.
There were other nations that were going through a similar situation – many of them seemed to solve their problem by installing a fascist government ruled by a dictator. There were some in America who thought a similar action in the United States was called for.
Today I tell the story of the Plot to Seize the White House in 1934 on the 182 episode of Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- Business Plot – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- The Fascist Plot to Overthrow FDR (FULL Documentary) (youtube.com)
- Bonus Army – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- World War Adjusted Compensation Act (wikipedia.org)
- The Plot To Seize The White House (wanttoknow.info)
- Major General Smedley Butler – The Warning (youtube.com)
- Smedley Butler & the “Business Plot,” Part I (libertarianism.org)
- 1934: The Plot Against America (harpers.org)
- Prescott Bush’s 1933 fascist coup attempt in the US – Business Coup stopped by Smedley Butler (youtube.com)