In the early part of the 20th century, adoption was almost unheard of. However; one woman came in and changed all of that. Her name was Georgia Tann, and she did her best to provide children to those who wanted them, as long as a profit was involved – and she would get the children any way she could, by lying or by kidnapping. She was a bad woman who took babies from the poor, so she could sell them to the rich.
Today I have the depressing story of Georgia Tann on the 186th episode of Coffee With Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- A Story of Stolen Babies (nchgs.org)
- Georgia Tann – Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- The Hollywood Baby Snatcher: The sinister story of the woman who stole children and sold them to the stars (dailymail.co.uk)
- How Georgia Tann Stole And Sold 5,000 Babies In The Black Market (allthatsinteresting.com)
- The Untold Story of Georgia Tann, the Baby Seller Who Corrupted Adoption by Barbara Bisantz Raymond (goodreads.com)