William Mumler invented something called spirit photograph in the mid-1800s. He claimed that his photos contained images of the dead. He even shot a photo of the ghost of Abraham Lincoln! Find out about William Mumler and his trial for fraud on Sunday Morning Coffee with Jeff.
Show notes and links:
- The Ghost and Mr. Mumler (historynet.com).
- A Brief History of Paranormal Photography (paranormal-encyclopedia.com).
- Photos of Ghosts: The Burden of Believing the Unbelievable (csicop.org).
- Of Spooks, Proofs, and Truths: Reflections on the Mumler Spirit Photograph Case (youtube.com).
- Retrograde #70: Earthworm Jim | CSICON (csicon.net).