Its been a slower than normal Monday due to the US Memorial Day holiday, but we do have a few stories for you about concerns that Watson’s AI may be what Elon Musk feared, fair usage of Instagram images to make money, Amazon making their own Etsy, and POS cybercriminals (that’s point of sale…well, it has a double meaning).
Show notes and links:
- Lauryn Hill (en.wikipedia.org).
- Nicki Aycox (en.wikipedia.org).
- Tupolev Tu-144 (en.wikipedia.org).
- Dunkirk, town, France (infoplease.com).
- How Afraid of Watson the Robot Should We Be? — NYMag (nymag.com).
- Artist Steals Instagram Photos & Sells Them For $100K At NYC Gallery: Gothamist (gothamist.com).
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor | ITworld (itworld.com).
- Charter is reportedly close to buying Time Warner Cable (engadget.com).
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware | ITworld (itworld.com).
- Kotaku (kotaku.com).
- Street Fighter 5 to be playable at CEO next month | VG247 (vg247.com).
- ‘A Beautiful Mind’ mathematician John Nash killed in car crash (businessinsider.com).
- Supergirl pilot leaks six months early in full HD | The Verge (theverge.com).
- geekdays (geekdays.reddit.com).
- Support CSICON creating a podcast network (patreon.com).