It’s a good day for Apple, and a bad day for Apple. Plus we find out what Edward Snowden thinks about aliens. All this and more on Geekdays.
Show notes and links:
- Apple: iOS 9 on more than half of all devices, fastest adoption rate ever | Ars Technica (arstechnica.com).
- iOS 9 breaks VPNs, prevents server access for many | InfoWorld (itworld.com).
- Apple cleaning up iOS App Store after first major attack
| Reuters (reuters.com).
- Apple removes malware-infected App Store apps after major security breach | The Verge (theverge.com).
- Spy Agency Contractor Puts Out a $1M Bounty for an iPhone Hack | WIRED (wired.com).
- Mandatory South Korean parental control app is a security nightmare (engadget.com).
- Major Security and Privacy Issues in Smart Sheriff App (citizenlab.org).
- Following Apple’s Lead, Samsung Plans Its Own Phone Leasing Program, Cutting Out Carriers (forbes.com).
- This post has no title. (nytimes.com).
- Edward Snowden: we may never spot space aliens thanks to encryption | US news | The Guardian (theguardian.com).
- Support CSICON creating a podcast network (patreon.com).
- This post has no title. (geekdays.reddit.com).