Niantec lays down the ban-hammer, video games can bring you national pride, and JK Rowling beats a wizard at his own game. Oooh, that’s some great fodder for Geekdays.
Show notes and links:
- Niantic cracks down on Pokémon Go cheats with lifetime bans | Technology (theguardian.com)
- Creating an Olympics-like event for eSports (marketplace.org)
- A bar owner in the UK has built a Faraday cage to stop customers using their phones (sciencealert.com)
- A Mysterious Fifth Force Could Be At Work In The Cosmos (popsci.com)
- Without oxygen from ancient moss you wouldn’t be alive today (newscientist.com)
- J.K. Rowling steps in after seller of “real” wands insults Harry Potter fans · Newswire · The A.V. Club (avclub.com)