We’ve got a great show for you today; with more news about an attack on ICANN, Preserving and Streaming movies, US and Cuba making amends (sort of), and quote The Interview… nevermore.
Show notes and links:
- Stone Cold Steve Austin – Wikipedia
- Ray Liotta – Wikipedia
- Michael Moorcock – Wikipedia
- International Migrants Day – Wikipedia
- ICANN e-mail accounts, zone database breached in spearphishing attack
Password data, other personal information of account holders exposed.
- BlackBerry launches new phone: ‘The Classic’ – MarketWatch
BlackBerry unveils its new smartphone, dubbed “Classic,” as the company seeks to appeal to its traditional customers by including signature features, such as a QWERTY keyboard.
- Sony’s smart glass uses regular glasses, aims for sports and work — Tech News and Analysis
Sony has announced its own take on the smart glass concept. To be formally unveiled at CES next month, the Single-Lens Display Module can be attached to existing glasses, to add a heads-up display and general smartness. The unit clips round the back of the user’s […]
- Google’s alpha-stage email encryption plugin lands on GitHub — Tech News and Analysis
Google has updated its experimental End-to-End email encryption plugin for Chrome and moved the project to GitHub. The firm said in a Tuesday blog post that it had “always believed strongly that End-To-End must be an open source project.” The alpha-stage, OpenPGP-based extension now includes the […]
- Chinese Search Engine Company Baidu Invests In Uber
Uber is winning in China.
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’, ‘Ferris Bueller’ & More Added To National Film Registry Deadline
- Netflix: Offline video watching is “never going to happen”
PR director says users won’t even need offline options “in five years’ time.”
- Viola Davis Joins Suicide Squad as Amanda Waller
Viola Davis has joined Suicide Squad. The DC Comics adaptation follows a team of supervillains who go on black ops missions for the government.
- The Sony hackers won: The Interview just disappeared from America’s biggest theater chains The Verge
The biggest movie theater chains in the United States have cancelled all current plans to show The Interview following threats to attack screenings of the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter….
- Gabe Newell apologises for pulling Hatred from Steam Greenlight VG247
Hatred has reappeared on Steam Greenlight after having been removed from the service, and now we know why. Valve’s Gabe Newell has apologised to Hatred developer Destructive Creations for the removal of the game from Steam Greenlight and has subsequ…
- Steam is region-locking PC games to thwart low currency value exploits
Apple isn’t the only one making changes to how it deals with the Russian ruble. Valve is taking measures to protect PC game publishers on its Steam platf
- Obama: It’s time for a new U.S. approach to Cuba – MarketWatch
- Dollar gains against yen, euro after Fed statement; ruble calms – MarketWatch
The ruble stages a solid rebound on Wednesday after a report that the Russian finance ministry has started to sell foreign currency in an effort to halt the recent slide in the currency.
- Asia Markets Shake Off Global Turmoil – MarketWatch
Stocks in Asia mostly shake off turmoil in emerging markets, with Shanghai and Japan rising on Wednesday ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve’s policy outlook.
- European stocks rebound; ruble gains as central bank steps up defense – MarketWatch
European stock markets erase earlier losses on Wednesday as energy firms stage a late-session comeback on the back of a rebound in oil prices.
- S&P 500, Dow score biggest one-day gain this year – MarketWatch
- Support CSICON creating a podcast network
Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators.
Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!