It seems every episode begins with an excuse for why we’re late, so here goes… Sorry about this; I really thought we’d be on time this time around! We had our lineup of stories ready on Saturday, Breki had done his initial read-through on Sunday and was happy with how everything looked, but – come Monday – he started getting a nasty cold and couldn’t do his read… So, until we’ve perfected the artificial intelligences that will replace him, that kind of a thing is pretty much a showstopper. Anyway, we’re back on track and here’s the episode for this past week!
Show notes and links:
- An AI that writes convincing prose risks mass-producing fake news (technologyreview.com)
- This Website Uses AI to Generate the Faces of People Who Don’t Exist (vice.com)
- This Person Does Not Exist (thispersondoesnotexist.com)
- Behold, the Facebook phishing scam that could dupe even vigilant users (arstechnica.com)
- With the best air pressure sensor ever on Mars, scientists find a mystery (arstechnica.com)
- Samsung’s foldable phone is the $1,980 Galaxy Fold (theverge.com)