We’ve got a great show for you today; with big stories concerning stolen cell phone encryption keys, cloud data privacy, and buying a computer pre-loaded with adware from the manufacturer.
Show notes and links:
- Wendee Lee (imdb.com).
- Brion James (imdb.com).
- Robert Altman (imdb.com).
- Hunter S. Thompson (imdb.com).
- World Day of Social Justice (en.wikipedia.org).
- The Great SIM Heist: How Spies Stole the Keys to the Encryption Castle (firstlook.org).
- New Lenovo PCs shipped with factory-installed adware (engadget.com).
- The Superfish certificate has been cracked, exposing Lenovo users to attack | The Verge (theverge.com).
- Police have asked Dropcam for video from people’s home cameras — Fusion (fusion.net).
- Sony sees 25-fold profit jump by 2018; could exit TVs, phones
| Reuters (reuters.com).
- Samsung buying LoopPay (businessinsider.com).
- YouTube makes a move against brand-sponsored videos (digiday.com).
- Tim Schafer defends Molyneux: “It’s really unfortunate and unfair” | Ars Technica (arstechnica.com).
- The Order: 1886 – all the reviews | VG247 (vg247.com).
- How cable networks speed up shows to squeeze in more ads (engadget.com).
- Deadpool Morena Baccarin Casting: Get the Details (slashfilm.com).
- ‘Shaft’ Reboot in the Works at New Line With ‘Predator’ Producer (Exclusive) (thewrap.com).
- Holy Xenomorphs! Neill Blomkamp WILL Be Making His Alien Movie After All (io9.com).
- Support CSICON creating a podcast network (patreon.com).