This week on Movieing On, Breki and Toerag sit down to have a chat about the 1995 classic, The Usual Suspects. Directed by Bryan Singer and written by Christopher McQuarrie, it’s a movie that many claim to be the best of the bunch when it comes to doing what it does. It’s certainly best remembered for the twist at the end, and will likely live on as a very popular movie.
… But is it the 24th best movie of all time?
Show notes and links:
- The Usual Suspects (1995) (imdb.com)
- Bryan Singer (imdb.com)
- Christopher McQuarrie (imdb.com)
- The Usual Suspects Movie Review (1995) | Roger Ebert (rogerebert.com)
- Kobayashi Maru (en.wikipedia.org)
- Takeru Kobayashi (en.wikipedia.org)
- Reconcilable Differences #16: Ancient Bird (relay.fm)
The Holy Mountain is referenced starting 1 hour, 11 minutes and 45 seconds in and continues for roughly three minutes, but the full episode is definitely worth the listen.