When a book named Rocket Boys gets the anagram treatment when it’s turned into a movie called October Sky, it gets Breki’s attention. When it also turns out to be a lovely coming-of-age movie about a group of boys in the late 1950s who want to build rockets instead of working the coal mines? Well, then you’ve got a movie we want to see.
Stuff we talk about and/or which might be interesting:
- October Sky (1999), directed by Joe Johnston.
- Brass, season two, is out! Hear our very own Nancy Frye portraying a multitude of people in this radio series.
- Douglas Swander has a very impressive biography, despite not having had much of a movie carreer. That “Douglas Swander” guy who wrote his bio must really like Douglas Swander.
- Concept art for Star Wars by Joe Johnston. Imagine being the guy who created the visual designs for The Iron Giant, Yoda and Boba Fett – and who also directed a handfull of great movies. Why aren’t people talking about Joe Johnston more than they are?
- The story of real-life Coalwood, West Virginia.