In this episode of The History Files, Gordon interviews historical archeologist Morgan Blanchard. Starting with new developments in high-tech surveying tools, they go on to discuss excavations of battle sites in New Mexico, World War 2 internment camps, the Battle of the Little Big Horn, and the Tlingit Revolt of 1802 amongst other things.
Show notes and links:
- Victory in Europe (history.com). VE Day
- Baseball | PBS (pbs.org). Ken Burns’ “Baseball”
- Battle of Glorieta Pass (nps.gov). Battle of Glorieta Pass (1862)
- Archaeological Perspectives on the Battle of the Little Bighorn: Douglas D. Scott, Dr. Richard A. Fox Jr. Ph.D, Melissa A. Connor, Dick Harmon: 9780806132921: Amazon.com: Books (amazon.com). Doug Scott, “Archeological Perspectives on the Battle of the Little Big Horn”
- The Taos Revolt. (en.wikipedia.org). The Taos Revolt (1847)
- Battle of Sitka (en.wikipedia.org). Tlingit Rebellion (1802)
- Indian Battles and Conflicts in Washington State (legendsofamerica.com). Yakima War (1855-1858)
- Tlingit (everyculture.com). Katlian, Chief of the Tlingits
- Evacuation and Internment, 1942-1945 (nps.gov). Japanese Internment during World War 2 in Alaska
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.