It should come as no surprise that the Lusitania incident isn’t the only one. It should also not surprise anybody to discover that political leaders can do some pretty shady things in the name of “the ends justify the means”.
Show notes and links:
- US-China war ‘inevitable’ unless Washington drops demands over South China Sea (telegraph.co.uk).
- Sinking of the RMS Lusitania (en.wikipedia.org).
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists (goodreads.com).
- Case Closed: The Gulf of Tonkin Incident (historynet.com).
- 42 ADMITTED False Flag Attacks Washington’s Blog (washingtonsblog.com).
- USS Maine (ACR-1) (en.wikipedia.org).
- Attack At Pearl Harbor, 1941 (eyewitnesstohistory.com).
- Fumimaro Konoe (en.wikipedia.org).
- Lend-Lease Act (history.com).
- Walter Short (en.wikipedia.org).
- Husband E. Kimmel (en.wikipedia.org).
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.