This week is a bit of a double-header. Part 1 is all about how nations deal with a major crisis especially in the area of technological development. Part 2 is about the Rule of Law, a topic we’ve touched on before, but especially pertinent in the current legal and political climate of 2016.
Show notes and links:
- The Great War (Indy Nydell)
- History Buffs: Saving Private Ryan
- Whale Oil (petroleumhistory.org)
- Pennsylvania oil rush
- The Battle of Jutland, pt 1 (The History Files)
- Fourth-generation warfare
- Magna Carta
- William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham – “The Great Commoner”
- Bad Cat Store at Zazzle (zazzle.com)
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.