Given the nature of horses, how in the world did cavalry ever become a thing? Is cavalry a terrible idea? In this episode we delve into the crazy world of mounted combat, real and Hollywood style, by turning the tables on Gordon and interviewing him for a change. We ran a bit long, but not long enough to split it into two episodes. Consider it bonus material.
Show notes and links:
- THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN – The Seven (In Theaters September 23) (youtube.com)
- Westworld Trailer (HBO) – MATURE VERSION (youtube.com)
- Swordsmiths in Visby – part one (Lindybeige)
- Cavalry was a stupid idea (Lindybeige)
- Lars Andersen: a new level of archery This is the Swedish archer we mentioned. He makes Hawkeye (Marvel Universe) look like an amateur.
- Ride with the Devil (film) (wikipedia.org)
- School of the Renaissance Soldier (youtube.com)
- The History Files #14: From Lance to Pistol (csicon.fm)
- 21st Century Horse Soldiers – Special Operations Forces and Operation Enduring Freedom (defensemedianetwork.com)
- Bad Cat Shop at Zazzle
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.