The exploration of the New World, what we now call North America, is a long and many-faceted story. If Columbus wasn’t the first from the Old World to set foot in the Americas, then who was? The Norse? The Chinese? And if Drake’s Bay isn’t on Point Reyes, California… then where is it? We might not have the answers, but we certainly have some questions.
Show notes and links:
- Roman Bullets Tell Story of 1,800-Year-Old Attack on Scottish Fort (livescience.com)
- BRASS – The Steampunk Radio Adventure (battlegroundproductions.org)
- Christopher Columbus
- Norse colonization of the Americas (wikipedia.org)
- Evidence of the Chinese Fleets visiting California | 1421 | 1434 (gavinmenzies.net)
- Was Columbus Jewish? – Chuck Missler (khouse.org)
- New Albion
- The Secret Voyage of Sir Francis Drake: 1577-1580 – Samuel Bawlf
- Northwest Passage
- Bad Cat Store at Zazzle
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.