Alt history is a great way to analyze the past and take a long look at how we arrived at where we are now. Many historians and fiction writers have speculated about what the world would be like if World War 2 had ended differently. In celebration of season two of The Man in the High Castle, we take a look at the end of WW2 and talk about what happened versus what might have happened.
Show notes and links:
- The Man in the High Castle Season 2 Release Date, Trailer, and Review (denofgeek.com)
- The Man In the High Castle – Season 1 (amazon.com)
- The History Files #45: Alternate History (csicon.fm)
- History Files videos – Presidential Election Perspective: 2016 vs. 1860 (youtu.be)
- Operation Downfall
- Hunting Hitler (history.com)
- Conspiracy theories about Adolf Hitler’s death
- The Koumentang or National Revolutionary Army – Wikipedia
- Burma Road
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.