We all want to know what’s going on in our world and elsewhere, but who can we trust to give us “all the news that’s fit to print” or tell us “that’s the way it was”? This week we look at the origins of the news media, how it became a business, and try to figure out what’s “fake news” and what’s “real news”. Yep, it’s all the news about news.
Show notes and links:
- Geekdays (csicon.fm)
- The Man in the High Castle – Season 2 (amazon.com)
- The Crown (TV Series 2016– ) (imdb.com)
- Yellow journalism
- Aimee Semple McPherson
- US Govt Just Legalized Operation Mockingbird – FBI Can Now Impersonate the Media (thefreethoughtproject.com)
- Distorting Reality Worldwise – CIA and the Media (lewrockwell.com)
- Coffee With Jeff #117 – Celluloid of the Strange & Unusual 1 (csicon.fm)
- Movieing On #222: Wild at Heart (csicon.fm)
- Bad Cat Productions – YouTube (youtube.com)
- Audible.com, the best place on the Internet for audiobooks. Listeners of The History Files can get a free audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.