This week on the podcast, we interview author Evan Kingston (That name seems really familiar for some reason). We interview him about his novel Slash and upcoming projects. He then joins Robert Algeo and Josh Wodarz to discuss the new Spider-Man movies under the Sony/Marvel deal, the changes to the DC and Marvel comic book universes. Also, “Weird Al” winning his 4th Grammy, efforts to archive the Internet, and our technology listening to us.
Show notes and links:
- The Oldest Jokes in the World | “About what other subjects can one make jokes except serious subjects?” (evankingston.com).
- Amazon.com: Evan Kingston: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle (amazon.com).
- Slash: The Complete Serial Novel (amazon.com).
- AutoAnatta (autoanatta.com).
- Marvel and Sony Reach Deal on Spider-Man Movie Production (wsj.com).
- Could Sony and Marvel’s Deal Mean a Non-White Spider-Man? (theatlantic.com).
- Marvel Announces The End Of The Classic Marvel Universe & The Ultimate Universe As Part Of SECRET WARS « Nerdist (nerdist.com).
- “Weird Al” Yankovic Wins Best Comedy Album | GRAMMY.com (grammy.com).
- What the Web Said Yesterday (newyorker.com).
- Samsung’s smart TVs are inserting unwanted ads into users’ own movies | The Verge (theverge.com).
- Groupon Gets Busy with Valentine’s Day “After Dark” Collection (NASDAQ:GRPN) (investor.groupon.com).